Fourth of July Weekend is coming up and when you were younger that might have meant throwing on some well-worn overalls and red, white and blue hair ribbons. However, for this weekend with family and friends or even a special someone you shouldn’t have to resort to your childhood classics. Instead spend the 4th in some sophisticated summer attire, whether that means cuddling close under the sparkling lights with a significant other or spending the entire day at the beach with family and friends. This day calls for some strategic outfit planning and here are some of my picks for staying cool yet festive while celebrating Independence Day.
1. Denim Espadrilles (Restricted R-Betty-$50). For high style comfort, perfect for a backyard picnic.
2. Red Wrap Dress (Topshop-$75). This red cotton wrap dress adds the perfect amount of festive 4th of July color without necessarily screaming red, white, and blue!
3. Polka Dot Bikini (JCrew, net-a-porter.com-top $36, bottoms $35), You can’t go wrong with this tasteful bathing suit. With a hint of the 50s and old Hollywood glamour this bikini might be more of an attention-getter than the fireworks.
4. Nautical Pearls (Old Navy-$11),This arm candy is perfect for beach fun if you aren’t going to be finding yourself in the waves. The mix of nautical stripes and pearls can’t be more perfect.
5. Sparkling Silver Headband (Nordstrom-$48). Inspired by the glittering sparklers and fireworks in the sky, why not add a touch of glimmer to your own outfit with this glittering headband.
Along with your perfect 4th of July attire don’t forget these other key items at home!
-SPF for a day by the beach or pool
-A cozy blanket for the nighttime fireworks
-Just kick back and relax, this time is all about being with loved ones and having fun!